1. Is the name you have now the same name that's on your birth certificate? If not, what's changed?
1. I was born Michael Something-or-other. But I was placed up for adoption.
2. I was adopted at around six months of age, and my legal name became Brian David Bikowicz. This is what the most recent copy of my birth certificate says.
3. On April 12, 2000 my name was legally changed to MegaZone.
2. If you could change your name (first, middle and/or last), what would it be?
Um, well, I *could* change it, so I did. And it is now what it would be. ;-)
3. Why were you named what you were? (Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?)
As for Brian David - I think there is a story about Brian by I can't remember it. Some male ancestor dead before I was born IIRC - paternal grandfather? I forget. Since my family was supposedly Roman Catholic, David was from the bible - David and Goliath. Kind of funny since I turned out to be more Goliath than David, physically. ;-) I don't know who specifically named me,
MegaZone is the name I chose for myself. I first used it as my login at WPI starting in 1989, and it quickly became my nickname and spread to be the name I used in most areas of my life. By 1994 when I graduated it was the name I was best known by, and my business cards for Xylogics said Brian 'MegaZone' Bikowicz. By late 1995 I'd left to work at Livingston, and my cards there said, simply, MegaZone. And that's what I've been, professionally, ever since. I finally made it legal in 2000 because I got tired of dealing with my legacy identity and decided it was time to retire it.
4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why?
Um, nothing I can think of off-hand really. I dislike the stereotypical yuppie names like Biff and Muffy, but I hope no parent is that cruel. I guess I kind of like non-traditional names because they're more memorable, and I have trouble remembering names in general.
5. Is the analysis of your name at kabalarians.com accurate? How or how isn't it?
The name of Megazone creates an extravagant, ambitious nature with the desire for financial prominence. You desire the best in life and appreciate quality in all things. This name has made you rather aggressive, shrewd, and critical and has caused you to be extremely independent. You have the analysis, vision, and promotional ability to make progress. You could achieve heights of success in business, but there is also a factor which brings many forced changes and friction with people, which in turn offsets the success you could achieve. The more sensitive types of people find you overpowering at times. You tend to have too many irons in the fire and fail to complete your undertakings satisfactorily. Business success could be achieved, to a point, abut your personal life would suffer. It is not easy for you to relax because you feel so much drive.
Eh, sounds reasonably accurate, except I don't know about the financial prominence bit - though I admit more money is good simply because I can buy more fun toys, take more fun trips, etc. :-)
Speaking of - it is time for me to punch out of here and get my ass to Logan for my flight to VA to see impykins. I'm coming back Sunday night. Later.