(Meant to be completed by those out of high school)
Tired of all of those surveys made up by high school kids?
'Have you ever kissed someone?'
'Told someone you loved them?'
Here are 50 questions for the people who are a little more "mature"...
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
The mortgage - simply because it is the largest of my bills by a wide margin. Nearly half of my take-home pay each month goes to the mortgage.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
How sad is it that not only can I not remember where, I can't remember the last time I had a romantic dinner? Even on dates I've had in recent years, it has been 'casual dining' and nothing I think of as a 'romantic dinner'.
3. Last time you puked from drinking?
Puked from drinking... not since I graduated college in 1994. And even then it was rare. I know I did it once my freshman year, in early 1990. And I did it in early 1991 at Arisia. I'm not sure if I ever did after that.
4. When is the last time you got drunk and danced on a bar?
I rarely get drunk, and I've never danced on a bar.
5. Name of your first grade teacher?
I can't remember. The first name that jumps into my head is "Mrs. Cross" - but I have no idea at all if that's right.
6. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Is this open ended? Like making love on a moonlight tropical beach fantasy level? (On a towel or something - sand you know...) If it is more grounded, relaxing at home, which I will be shortly.
7. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
What year? I wanted to be an astronaut for a long time, or a pilot in general. But I know I went through phases where I wanted to be an archaeologist, an architect, and engineer (not trains), etc. In the end, when it was time to go to college, it came down to deciding between architecture and aerospace engineering - and I took the latter path. Then I didn't do either.
8. How many colleges did you attend?
One. I don't count professional training type classes from other schools or extensions thereof.
9. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
It was one of about seven clean polo shirts left in my closet and the second best one in there - I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I'm saving the one nicer shirt for that since I'll be seeing more people. When I'm this low on shirts it means I'm into the ones with small stains (black shirts, so 'blacker' areas that got grease on them it some point in their lives and hence didn't fade as much) so until I do laundry I'll get progressively more stained. ;-)
10. GAS PRICES?
High, but not without reason. And better than at their peak.
11. If you could move anywhere and take someone with you?
Bay Area, CA - and I'd like to take all my friends. If it has to be one person, there's my non-existent SO, so that's pointless. Maybe lizzielizzie. :-)
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
GAH! NOISE! MAKE NOISE STOP! NOISE HURT OGG'S EARS! MUST STOP NOISE BEFORE SABER TOOTH TIGER EATS ME! OK, so I'm totally out of it when my alarm goes off and operating solely from the base Lizard Brain level. Sometimes I'll push the buttons on my CPAP machine, my A/C remote, even my *watch* trying to make the noise stop. I'm not even to the point of "push the button on the clock", I'm still at "PUSH ANY BUTTON" at that point.
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
I know I was thinking about Burst Angel, since I watched 15 or so episodes of it last night. But I'm not sure if that was my last thought... Actually, I'm pretty sure it was something like "Ugh, I stayed up too late and I'm only going to get five hours of sleep before my alarm goes off."
14. Favorite style of underwear?
15. Favorite style of underwear for the opposite sex?
None, and a skirt. ;-) OK... hmm. Not sure I have one really. I do like what I guess are called 'boy shorts', they're cute.
16. What errand/chore do you despise?
Washing my dishes. I miss having a dish washer.
17. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer?
Yes. I'd probably work on standards committees, open source programs, etc.
18. Get up early or sleep in?
Early? Yeah, right. Sleep in, stay up late. I'm a night owl.
19. What is your favorite cartoon character?
I have about 1,000 anime DVDs, more on VHS and LD, and have seen even more - and I need to pick a favorite? The first to leap to mind is Major Motoko Kusanagi, but if I start thinking about it I get totally indecisive.
20. Favorite NON sexual thing to do at night with a girl/guy?
Cuddle up and watch a movie.
21. Have you found real love yet?
I'm still single, QED. ;-) I have loved deeply, but that doesn't mean it will work out. Maybe that was 'real love' but just not meant to be.
22. When did you first start feeling old?
I'm not sure I do yet - other than when I think "She's cute" immediately followed by "...and probably half my age." I'm a little too old for co-eds. ;-)
23. Favorite 80's movie?
As soon as I hear "80's movie" I think of things like Better Off Dead, One Crazy Summer, and The Breakfast Club. Of those, probably Better Off Dead. But, there were other movies in the 80s, of course - I think Spaceballs was still in the 80s, and I love that movie. And Ghostbusters.
24. Your favorite lunch meat?
Probably roast beef.
25. What do you get every time you go into Sam's Club?
An uncomfortable feeling? ;-) I do have a Sam's Club Card, because my dad put me on his account when I bought my house and he was up helping me do things. But I hardly ever use it.
26. Beach or lake?
27. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
28. How many people do you stalk on livejournal?
Stalk? Having been stalked, for real, I don't take that term lightly. So - none!
29. Favorite guilty pleasure?
Sitting around my house all day, not getting dressed, not going out, just taking it easy.
30. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out about?
I can't think of any, I'm pretty open about what movies I watch. If anything, it'd probably be something pornographic - but I don't watch much of that and don't really hide that I do from time to time.
31. What's your drink?
Unsweetened iced tea.
32. Cowboys or Indians?
33. Cops or Robbers?
34. Who from high school would you like to run into?
There were three people I used to hang with in HS - Dave Wood, Mike Eaton, and Glenn... UGH, just blanked on his last name. I haven't seen them in years, I last saw Dave around 2000. I wonder what they're up to. Though, two people really come to mind - Nan Cho and Grant something... They were a couple, and they were 'artist types'. I suppose kind of hippy-ish, creative - took all the art classes, etc. We moved in different circles, and at the time I didn't think we had much in common, but late in HS I had some interaction with Grant (I sure hope I'm remember the name right) on a project and he was pretty cool. And, considering who I've turned out to be, I think we had, and probably have, more in common that I thought. And Nan Cho helped me realize I had a think for Asian girls. ;-) I had a little bit of a crush on her. :-)
35. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
Sirius 24, Lithium - 90's Alternative and Grunge
36. Norm or Cliff?
Well, if I *had* too... am I pitching or catching? ;-) OK, OK, I won't go there. Thank the gods. But if I just had to know one of them for real - Norm. Cliff would drive me bat-shit insane with his erroneous 'facts'. Reminds me too much of a couple of people I knew in college.
37. The Cosby Show or the Simpsons?
38. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
Ever, ever allowing my stalker into my life in the first place!
39. Do you like the person who sits directly across from you at work?
Hmm, if I look straight ahead I look down the length of the ops room at the far wall - and there is no one in front of me at all. So there isn't someone directly across from me. But, in general, yes, I like the people on my team.
40. If you could get away with it, who would you kill?
I'm tempted to say Dubya - but I don't need Secret Service visits. ;-) Besides, that'd put Cheney in power, and I'm NOT that dumb. And dropping Cheney is unlikely to help much anyway. No, maybe someone like Kim Jong-il - which would probably cause quite a ruckus in North Korea.
41. What famous person(s) would you like to party with?
Party? Hmm, Rob Zombie probably has a mean party. ;-)
42. What famous person would you like to sleep with?
Jill Hennessy (together with her twin sister Jaqueline?)... or Sarah McLachlan. Actually, if offered the choice, I think Sarah. I've met her, she's such a nice person, sweet and intelligent. And her voice does things to me...
43. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
Not that I can recall.
44. Last book you read for real?
James Burke's Twin Tracks.
45. Do you have a teddy bear?
I think so. I have a bunch of random stuffed animals - growing up I was very good at carnival games, etc, and won a lot of stuff. I used to do the thing where I'd win something then give it to some random cute girl. I've given away most of them, but still have some. And, now that I think of it, I have a little teddy bear with a cap and gown that some relative (parents maybe) gave me when I graduated college.
46. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
I've stayed in some skeevy motels over the years, does that count?
47. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?
I lived in Berkeley and I've been all over the Bay Area. I've also been to LA, Anaheim, and some other points south, and to Sacramento... Maybe Napa Valley - never really visited there, and I hear it is lovely.
48. Do you go to church?
49. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
50. Just how OLD are you?
Lifted from lizzielizzie.