MegaZone (zonereyrie) wrote,
MegaZone
zonereyrie

I'm not dead

Normally that'd be more of a joke. But not today.

I'm not dead only because I have a carbon monoxide detector in my house.

Last night the auto-fill on my boiler failed. The boiler cooked itself dry, continued to fire, and cracked. This allowed combustion products to enter the steam pipes (I have a steam heating systems), and then to vent into the house via the radiator vents. Just as I was planning to crash this morning the carbon monoxide detector went off.

So now I don't have heat, and I need a new boiler - on the upside, I'm not dead.

It also explains the headache I developed just before the alarm. The alarm went off when levels reached 15ppm, and it was climbing until I killed the boiler and vented the house.
Tags: health, house, humor
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

  • 54 comments
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →