1. what facial feature do you find the most attractive on others?
Eyes. I love striking eyes.
2. would you vote a woman candidate for president?
In a second - if she were the best candidate.
3. would you marry for money?
4. do you pluck your eyebrows?
5. do you ever cut or hurt yourself?
I used to, but haven't in years.
6. when was the last time you had a hickey?
It has been too long - probably a few years.
7. could you live without a computer?
Could I? Yes. But since that's how I make my living, I'd have to radically change my life.
8. do you use icq, aol, etc?.
I have accounts on AIM, YIM, ICQ and MSN. And I probably still have accounts on Odigo, Jabber, and some others I've played with but abandoned. I frequently login to AIM, YIM, and ICQ. I never got MSN working with Trillian at work (firewall issues) on my XP box, and I didn't even bother looking for MSN support for Gaim for my RH box.
9. how many people are there on your list(s)?
Many. I've accumulated people over the years - some of the nicks on my list I can't quite remember who they are. But mostly it is Gweeps, and people associated with AX or PMX, etc.
10. if you could live in any past time period, which would it be?
I don't know, we tend to idealize the past. Like Ren Faires being the middle ages without the rampant disease, stink, etc. I like a lot of the views that came out in the 1960s, and I'm also attracted to the days of the industrial revolution - but knowing me I'd end up as a factory grunt and not one of the educated gentry or something...
11. do you drink enough water?
Not really. I drink a lot, but you're supposed to have 8 glasses a day or something, right? I drank more in the past, but we don't have a free water cooler at work now.
12. do you wear shoes in the house or take them off?
I tend to take them off when I get home, but I don't have a hard rule. (I *should*, and if I design my own place I will have a bench by the door and cubby holes for shoes, to make it easy. Maybe even provide slippers...
13. what is your favourite fruit?
Apples. Boring, I know.
14. do you eat wheat bread or white?
Given that choice - white.
15. what is your favourite place to visit?
I don't know if I can say I have a favorite. But I do love Berkeley, CA and the entire Bay Area and I must get back there again. Same with Sydney.
16. what is the last movie you saw?
Friday I saw T3 and LXG - so I guess LXG is the last.
17. do you kiss on the first date?
Yes, I do, if it is mutual.
18. are you photogenic?
No, I don't think so.
19. do you dream in colour or black and white?
I'm not sure, I think they are color. I tend not to remember my dreams often.
20. are you wearing fingernail polish?
21. do you have any dimples?
Um, do I? I don't know.
22. do you remember being born?
23. do you drink alcohol?
24. did you like high school?
Yes and no. I wouldn't want to do it again.
25. what is the most beautiful language?
Even though I can't speak it myself, I think I like Japanese the most.
26. do you like sunrises or sunsets the most?
MU. The best is seeing either on the coast. So in CA I liked sunsets, in MA I like sunrises. Not that I get to the coast for either that often.
27. do you want to live to be 100?
If I can be 100 and still be reasonably mobile, have all my wits, etc - in other words, if I'm 100 and I'm happy and enjoying life - sure.
28. do you think women should be expected to shave their body hair?
No. I admit to preferring it, personally, when someone I'm dating does. Because I like the feeling of smooth skin. But I wouldn't force it on anyone.
29. do you like salty foods or sugary foods more?
Probably, overall, sugary foods. Though I get salt cravings - chips, etc.
30. is a flat stomach important to you?
A bit - which is why it bothers me that mine is VERY MUCH NOT FLAT. I.e., I'm fat.
31. do you or have you played with an ouija board?
Yeah, I think I dicked around with one in the past.
32. are you loyal?
I believe that I am.
33. are you tolerant of other people's beliefs?
For the most part, yes.
34. do you believe in magic?
Define magic? But, for the most part, no.
35. do you have nightmares frequently?
36. do you like your nose?
I can't say that I've ever really thought about it much. It is there, it works. I only wish I wasn't allergic to as many things.
37. do you like abstract art?
I'm not even sure I can tell you what abstract art is. But I'm tactless really, 'great art' fails to move me. The great masters are just guys with brushes to me. I find architecture and engineering design FAR more stirring. To me the SR-71 Blackbird is a much more moving piece of art than the Mona Lisa.
38. do you think you can draw well?
Architectural or mechanical drafting - yes. 'Art' sketches, no.
39. do you listen to music daily?
Just about, yeah.
40. at what age did you find out that santa claus wasn't real?
I don't remember, I must've been young since I don't remember a time when I believed.
41. how many pairs of shoes do you have in your closet?
0 - I don't keep my shoes in my closet. ;-)
42. do you like to wear the same shoes everyday or do you like a variety?
I wear the same boots every day - unless I have to dress up. If it is a 'Dockers Day' at work I have a pair of work shoes. And if I ever have to put on a suit, I have a pair of dress shoes.
43. do you write poetry?
I used to. I'm not proud of most of them now (they're on my website) but there are some I still like. I still try from time to time, but I lost whatever it was that drove me.
44. do you snore?
No normally, but I will if I fall asleep in a weird position - like in a chair with my neck hanging over the back so my throat is bent sharply.
45. do you sleep more on your back, front, or sides?
I tend to sleep on my sides, with my legs drawn up a bit.
46. would you rather have a poodle or a rottweiler?
47. do you lick stamps?
They still make stamps that need licking?
48. do you use an electric can opener?
49. have you ridden in a hot air balloon?
You know, I'm not sure. I have a patchy memory of something like that, but I can't nail it down. I would've been very young.
50. which hurts the most? physical or emotional pain?
They hurt in different ways, so this is apples and oranges. Hell, it is apples and marmots or something. Putting it that way, I'd probably say emotional pain.
51. do you think balding men should shave their heads?
It depends on how they're balding and how it looks on them. Patrick Stewart can wear the 'ring of hair' very nicely, other guys look stupid.
52. do you prefer a piano or a violin?
Piano I think.
53. are you a sex addict?
If I am, then I'm seriously on the wagon.
54. do you know someone who has cancer?
Um, I don't *think* anyone I know has it now - but I might be forgetting. I have known people with cancer. They're dead now.
55. do you hunt?
56. do you like fast food joints, or expensive restaurants?
Mu. Though I admit I crave fast food more than a 'nice meal'.
57. would you rather visit a zoo or an art museum?
Um, hmm, probably the zoo.
58. do you have a middle name?
No - I don't even have a First and Last name.
59. are you basically a happy person?
I don't know. I guess so. Maybe. I'm not sure what happiness is really.
60. are you tired?
Often. But at this particular moment, not especially so.
61. did you drink anything with caffeine in it today?
Not yet. I think I had a little water before I left the house.
62. how many phones do you have in your house?
One POTS, one cell.
63. do you get along with your parents?
Yes. My dad and I didn't used to get along, but we do OK now.
64. what colour eyes do you prefer?
Anything striking. Vivid blue really gets my notice, or bright green, etc.
65. what medications do you take?
Nothing really. Excedrin if I have a headache. Claritin if my allergies act up. NyQuil/DayQuil if I'm sick.
66. what does your bedroom look like?
A bit of a mess really.